Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Kingkiller Chronicle review

I just finished reading book 1 and 2 of the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. I was absolutely amazed by the authors ability to capture the total emotion of the protagonist in both first and third person in both past and present at the same time. I have read many books and this is the first that I have read from the first person that totally captured the scene not just parts but the entire scene.

Book one of the Kingkiller Chronicle: The Name of the Wind is a breath of fresh air the series starts out in a unique way not merely "One stormy night".  The book is captivating and Patrick manages to completely captivate my attention in the first hour of reading. Then it gets even better. I don't want to spoil anything so just let me tell you this pick this book up the next time you have a free day... sit down and read this... you wont want to put it down I promise.

Book two of the Kingkiller Chronicle: Wise Mans Fear continues the story and my god did the writing become articulate. This man is a literary GENIUS. I mean it the small witty poetic banter that is in this book is amazing. I laughed cried and cheered right along with the protagonist all the way through the book. I cannot wait till book three. Assumed to be released sometime in 2014...

No comments:

Post a Comment